While worship in community is important to all of us, in order to proceed with any activities we have a Christian obligation to ensure the church is a physically safe place for everyone. The following changes to our programming are in effect immediately:
- Masks and social distancing are mandatory. First Church now requires that people prove their vaccinations. Anyone can go to a registry office which will print them a vaccination card for free. The Policy of the Presbyterian Church in Canada is that people will be safe at church. This is our attempt to keep you safe.
- At this time there will be no hospitality time after church.
We ask you to please take guidance from Alberta Health Services to heart and prayerfully consider if attending worship during this crisis is appropriate if you:
- Are over 65
- Have existing underlying medical conditions
- Have other members of your household who are at risk
- Have a job that involves contact with persons who may be at risk
- Have a job that involves providing critical infrastructure services
We ask that you please do not attend worship if you:
- Have recently traveled outside Canada or had contact with someone who has
- Have recently had any type of cold or flu symptoms
- Have a cough or sneeze
Worship and other programming is being live streamed at https://www.twitch.tv/firstpresbyterianedmonton/
Our goal is to have you get through this with us safe and healthy so that everyone can be together again when the crisis is over and regular activities can resume.
We do have a limited number of seats for attendees in order to maintain social distancing. Please follow the directions bellow if attend services in person:
- Please wear a face mask at all times while in the sanctuary (face masks and hand sanitizers are available).
- In the event of an emergency take the shortest route to the nearest exit
- Please use the restroom on the west end of the building if required
- Offering will be collected at the end of service (on the way out) or you can use one of the other contactless options here